KontrolFreek® Locks in Stellar 2015 Results, Projects Significant Growth for the New Year
Performance gaming gear brand logs fourth straight year of 50-plus percent growth.
ATLANTA, GA – January 21, 2016 – Atlanta company KontrolFreek celebrated a banner year in 2015, touting growth across all key areas of the business, including revenue and product distribution.
“KontrolFreek has been on a major growth trajectory for several years, and we’re pleased that 2015 was no exception. This was our best year to date,” said Ashish Mistry, President and CEO of KontrolFreek. “Moving into 2016, that momentum won’t slow down. We've already locked in key retail and licensing deals for the year, and we can’t wait to see what the rest of 2016 will bring.”
Notably, KontrolFreek signed a significant licensing partnership with Activision in 2015 and introduced five new, jointly-developed Call of Duty® products throughout the calendar year. This deal resulted in some of KontrolFreek’s top-selling products, including a thumbstick design that sold out within 25 hours of its launch.
Other 2015 highlights include:
– Retail Growth: Reaching 6,000+ individual stores worldwide, KontrolFreek grew its retail presence by more than 4,500 new locations in 2015. Along with existing Best Buy U.S. and GAME UK distribution, new stores include GameStop U.S., Best Buy Canada and other new international locations.
– Revenue Increase: With a more than 70 percent YoY revenue increase, KontrolFreek logged landmark sales from core and new product releases.
– Team Expansion: KontrolFreek grew its team across the board by 50 percent to keep up with demand and support key new initiatives.
– Broadening Product Range Along with the introduction of eight new thumbstick designs, including licensed Call of Duty products and collaborations with content partners, KontrolFreek also launched Grips, introducing the company to a new segment within gaming controller accessories.
– Significant Partner Growth: KontrolFreek increased its investment in international professional eSports players and content partners in 2015. New partners include three U.S-based and three European-based professional Call of Duty teams, and sponsored influencers like Gotaga, TripleWreck, GrefG and more.
About KontrolFreek - Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, KontrolFreek is a premier performance gaming gear brand that creates innovative gaming accessories that give players at all levels a competitive advantage. KontrolFreek combines ergonomics and innovative design to deliver improved accuracy, maneuverability and comfort for Xbox and PlayStation gamers. For more information, visit KontrolFreek.com and follow the company on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and Instagram.