KontrolFreek® Launces Performance Gaming Wear™
Company Debuts Professional-Grade Apparel Designed for Gamers; Features Proprietary DRYV® Moisture-Absorbent Panels to Dry Hands
ATLANTA, GA – Jan. 24, 2017
KontrolFreek® today announced its Performance Gaming Wear™ apparel line, the first to be specifically designed for gamers and eSports professionals. Items in the collection include the Icon Performance Gaming Hoodie and Icon Performance Gaming Shorts and feature DRYV® Technology, a patented system that blends ultralight, high-performance moisture-wicking fabrics with an absorbent outer layer, allowing gamers to easily dry hands and stay cool.
- The Icon Performance Gaming Hoodie is designed with an oversized hood to accommodate headphones while still giving players a sense of enclosure, increasing their ability to focus.
- The Icon Performance Gaming Shorts have extra-deep storage pockets and a low-waist design that falls just above the knee when sitting, maximizing player comfort.
- Implemented DRYV® moisture-absorbent panels featuring patented technology provide multiple areas for gamers to easily dry their palms and fingers, mitigating thumb slippage to increase control and accuracy.
- All pieces of Performance Gaming Wear apparel were developed with input from top eSports teams like The Rise Nation and Team Kaliber to ensure they met performance standards of the best professional gamers.
- KontrolFreek unofficially debuted its line of Performance Gaming Wear apparel during the Major League Gaming (MLG) Vegas tournament in December 2016. Throughout the event, The Rise Nation and Team Kaliber wore KontrolFreek’s Performance Gaming Wear apparel while practicing and competing. The Rise Nation went on to win the event’s Call of Duty World League invitational.
“Our extensive research indicated there was a need within the eSports community for performance garb tailored to the gaming lifestyle,” said Ashish Mistry, CEO of KontrolFreek.“When developing our Performance Gaming Wear apparel, we coordinated directly with top gaming professionals to ensure our apparel met the specific needs of the competitive gaming community. We strategically placed DRYV® Dry Hand Zones in our garments to provide multiple areas where gamers naturally reach to dry their palms and fingers. With DRYV®, we decrease thumb slippage and, therefore, increase accuracy and control. Grip and accuracy are hallmarks of the KontrolFreek brand.”
The leading developer of Performance Gaming Gear™, KontrolFreek’s mission is to create high-quality products that increase player comfort and performance to enhance the overall gaming experience. Its products range from Performance Thumbsticks™ and KontrolFreek Grips™ for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One controllers to apparel and accessories like the recently announced KontrolFreek 12FT Gaming Cable™.
"Just like traditional athletes, eSports players want to maximize their competitive advantage with the gear they use; this includes what they’re wearing in practice or during competition," said Rodger Saffold III, Co-Founder of The Rise Nation and offensive guard for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League. "Success in eSports is driven by precision and speed. A fraction of a second can be the difference between winning a championship or going home empty handed. KontrolFreek knows that the details matter and it really shows with their new Performance Gaming Wear."
KontrolFreek’s first line of Performance Gaming Wear, which ranges from $35.99 to $65.99 MSRP, is now available for sale online at KontrolFreek.com.
About KontrolFreek - Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, KontrolFreek is a global performance gaming and lifestyle brand with products in more than 9,000 retail locations in 40 countries. The innovative product line of thumbsticks and grips for Xbox and PlayStation consoles and lifestyle apparel maximizes comfort, player performance and accuracy to enhance the overall gaming experience.
About DRYV Technologies, LLC - DRYV® Technology (www.dryvtechnology.com) is a patented textile technology that integrates an absorbent outer layer into a moisture wicking garment – like a towel built directly into your gear. Developed for any activity where sweat inhibits performance, DRYV® is available for license by apparel partners in the performance sports, culinary, medical, military and law enforcement industries.
# # #
1-888-529-1543 ext. 413
Find out about what's going on with our latest news.